Friday, May 15, 2009

Ireland's Irishness.. and Stupidity

I just got something in the post today..
It's one of those voting thingys for the local elections.
I say thingys because I dunno what you call them.
They aren't actually the actual pieces of paper we bring up to vote,
they are just advertising a local councillor.
Anyway.. I see that all my family have one. Each of us, the 5 of us..
I look closer.. and I see my name.. spelt wrong.
Now.. I live in Ireland..
I have an Irish name..
They could at least get my name right if I am gonna actually vote for them!!!
My name is Siobhán.. it's spelt Siobahn.. Not even a fada (á).
I can live without the fada, because they always forget the fada, but my name is not Siobahn.
It was wrong on a voting thing the last year too. And it wasn't the same mistake as the last time.
Is it that much to ask, to get my name right, seeing as I'm Irish, with an Irish name, living in Ireland.. meh.

No comments:

Post a Comment